Become one of Sherlock?s trusted Lieutenants by joining The Network and immersing yourself in the world of Sherlock Holmes.
Building on the success of the iOS app Sherlock: The Network?which achieved number 1 entertainment app in 37 countries was originally launched on 20th?January as a premium app on iOS.?The Project Factory has now launched the app for the Android platform and worked with Amazon to make the app available in the Amazon Appstore. ?Users who install the Amazon Appstore onto their devices and download the app get the first six cases for free ? four additional free cases for the first two weeks of launch / until 19th of August 2014.
Sherlock: The Network
The totally original Sherlock story builds across ten cases and one central mystery. Assisted by video, voicemail, text and email messages from the main characters, the player helps out Sherlock as a part of his ?Homeless Network? of trusted associates.
Both a story and a game, Sherlock: The Network uses a unique interactive narrative in which you unravel the plot through games of deduction, skill and attention. Throughout, Sherlock is there to help you solve the puzzles if you get stuck. Played out across a specially created map of London as your landscape, the app has exclusive content from the stars, created especially for the app. Game players can earn points to progress up the leaderboard, sharing their scores across social media; while those interested in quality drama can follow the well-crafted story. ?
?As we know, it’s becoming ever harder to engage across multiple media formats. With audiences fiercely attentive during the ‘livespan’ of a TV series duration, they are left wanting for an ongoing hit of their favourite characters when it concludes. That’s a gross mismatch of audience engagement, digital experience and potential revenue opportunity for the asset owner,? said Guy Gadney, Group Executive Director at The Project Factory. ?However, on this occasion, Benedict Cumberbatch and his team of sleuths continue to live and interact beyond the TV ensuring audience loyalty and increasing engagement ? this is the new world of interactive storytelling.?
Gameplay sneak preview:
Sherlock Holmes has an urgent message for you. He needs you to help him solve his latest cases. Using your mobile phone, you must navigate the streets of London discovering clues, solving puzzles and piecing together the answers.
Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, Martin Freeman as John and Mark Gatiss as Mycroft, Sherlock: The Network is the official Sherlock app, containing ten new cases to solve with exclusive video, games, puzzles and a leaderboard for top players.
Sherlock: The Network is designed to extend the original programme beyond the television set directly into the hands of fans by inviting players to become one of the detective’s trusted Homeless Network across London. Players unscramble audio recordings, break into computers, decrypt codes and assemble images to gain clues. From missing persons and bomb threats to poison and murder – all the threads lead back to Sherlock.
Using a bespoke mapping and messaging interface, participants navigate virtual London by tube, taxi or on foot. They head to different locations across the capital to hear from witnesses, collect and store evidence, unlock clues, earn money and pick up valuable tools to help accelerate their mission ? all with the aim of cracking each of the cases as quickly as possible to solve the final mystery.
- -????????? Exclusive content ? New and exclusive video and audio of Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Mark Gatiss reprising their roles as Sherlock Holmes, John Watson and Mycroft Holmes.
- -????????? Messages – Receive messages from Sherlock, John, Lestrade, Molly and Mycroft as emails, text, video – and voicemail.
- -????????? Cases ? There are ten cases for you to solve. Collect items, information and money to help your quest.
- -????????? Mind Palace ? The Mind Palace is an insight into how Sherlock?s brain stores information but this is YOUR mind palace ? the repository of all the information you have collected throughout the case.
- -????????? Games to play include:
- Audio unscrambler ? Adjust audio channels; speed up or slow down; play forward or back to reveal the ?message.
- Decoder – decode a three, four or five character code
- Image unscrambler ? adjust the position of shredded or pixelated images to reveal the jumbled image.
- Taxi? Traffic Jam game ? move the cars that are blocking you ?to create a path for your taxi to travel through
- London Underground – chart a route between point A and point B on the London Underground by positioning the correct coloured tiles from the start point to the end point.
- Hidden Object ? Explore crime scenes or clues to find hidden items and evidence.
- -????????? Map of London – Travel around London by foot, taxi or the London Underground. Visit famous places from the series with information on key locations from the show.
- -????????? Inventory Items ? Purchase (or pick up) tools with the money you collect or earn in the game. Tools let you move faster around the city, make solving puzzles easier and improve your score.
- -????????? Registration – Optional registration via Facebook
- -????????? Leaderboard – Player leaderboard which ranks player performance based on speed and accuracy in solving cases